Zoom download and installation instructions for Mac computers using the Safari browser.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at [email protected] (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install Zoom" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. In the upper right-hand corner of your Safari window, the download icon will turn into a blue progress bar, and then turn into a downward-facing arrow when the download has been completed. Click on the arrow icon when this happens, and double-click on "zoomusInstaller.pkg" to open it.
4. After you open zoomusInstaller.pkg, you will get a security message; click "Continue".
5. When the installation is complete, you will see this screen.
6. Go back to Safari to launch the video app.
- If you are an account holder, click "Enter Meeting" (below left)
- If you are a participant, click "Enter Waiting Room" (below right)
7. Safari will ask if you want to allow Zoom to open. Make sure you click "Allow"
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on June 28, 2017.