Zoom download and installation instructions for Windows computers using the Chrome browser.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us your available times at email@example.com (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install Zoom" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. In the lower left-hand corner of your Chrome window, you should see ZoomInstaller.exe start to download, with an estimate for how long it will take. When it has finished downloading, click on ZoomInstaller.exe.
4. In the security prompt that appears, click "Run."
5. When prompted for permission to install, click "Yes".
6. When the installation is complete, you will see this screen.
7. Go back to Chrome to launch the video app.
- If you are an account holder, click "Enter Meeting" (below left)
- If you are a participant, click "Enter Waiting Room" (below right)
TIP: The first time that you launch a session from Chrome, it will ask you for permission to launch. Tick the box next to "Always open links for URL:Zoom Launcher" before clicking "Open URL:Zoom Launcher" to allow Zoom to start, and to prevent the message from appearing again.
9. Once your host connects to you, you'll be prompted to choose how to enable your audio. Click "Join Audio by Computer" to use your computer's microphone and speakers.
- TIP: Check the box next to "Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting" before clicking "Join Audio by Computer" to avoid having to confirm this every time.
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on November 30, 2017.