VSee download and installation instructions for Windows computers using the Firefox browser.
If your host is using our VSee platform, you must have VSee Embedded downloaded from our website and installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. This process only needs to be done once per device.
NOTE: VSee Embedded and regular VSee are two different programs. Our service works specifically with VSee Embedded, downloadable from our website. If you downloaded the regular application from the VSee.com website, you will not be able to connect to sessions scheduled by our service. (However, VSee Embedded can be used with your personal VSee account just fine.)
You will be automatically prompted to download and install VSee Embedded when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your timezone and that you want to test VSee).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install VSee" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download VSee from our main Support page, using the "Install VSee" button in the lower-right hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download VSee" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. A message will appear asking you to confirm you would like to save this file. Click "Save File."
4. In the upper right-hand corner of your Firefox window, the download icon will turn into a green progress bar, and then turn into blue, downward-facing arrow when the download has been completed. Click on the blue arrow when this happens.
5. You'll see a list of your recent downloads. Click on "vsee.exe."
6. In the security prompt that appears, click "Run."
7. If you see an "Installation completed." message, the installation should be successful. (If you don't have administrative privileges or you're not sure, you may want to test that VSee will launch.)
- The installation completed message may be hidden behind another window; if you see a green icon with a white "V" on your taskbar, click on it, and this message should appear on top of any other windows.
TIP: The first time that you launch a session from Firefox, the browser will ask which app you want to use. Select the autofilled choice and the box next to "Remember my choice for vsee links" before clicking "OK".
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on June 13, 2016.