Firefox: "Installation completed" or VSee login screen appears when trying to connect to a session
Published 08/15/2014 at 9:56pm UTC
Page viewed 3014 times
Firefox's program settings may be the source of your issue if
- You can join sessions in browsers other than Firefox.
- You have successfully downloaded and installed VSee. (If you haven't or are not sure, see this article.)
If Firefox is trying to launch the session with the VSee install file instead of the VSee program file, it will just install VSee again instead of connecting to your session.
So you may see one of the two examples below: an "Installation completed" message or the VSee login screen (if you've connected successfully before).
When you attempt to enter a waiting room or join a participant to a session, SecureVideo launches our videoconferencing application for you. If you're using Firefox, it will ask you to confirm which program you wish to launch. The window looks like this:
If you leave vsee selected and you click OK, Firefox will allow you to proceed. However, if you search for another file and try to use that (such as the VSee installation file), the launch will probably fail, and Firefox will try to use that path each time in the future. This will prevent from using Firefox for your SecureVideo sessions, unless you reset your program settings as detailed below.
Note: if you do not see "vsee" automatically shown by Firefox (like in the below image), it means that VSee is not installed on your computer. You will need to install it.
1. Click on Firefox's Menu icon, and then click on the Options button.
2. On this window, click on the Applications tab, and then search for vsee in the search bar. Click on the drop down menu in the Action column, and then select Always ask. Then click OK.
3. Once that has been set, type this boldface text into your browser URL bar: vsee:test
4. This will launch the Launch Application window again. Make sure that you choose the plain vsee option (there will NOT be a logo!) and check off Remember my choice for vsee links so that it won't ask you again. Then click OK.
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on August 22, 2014.